Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's resolutions?

People always make New Years resolutions.  It happens annually, whether they manage to achieve what they set out to accomplish.  Or if they even try to take steps towards it at all.  What is yours?

I do not have the habit to make resolutions.  Life rarely lets us manipulate our ways through situations anyway.  I tried years before but I had lived my life not remembering the resolutions that had been carefully carved out in that same year.  So I gave up.  What matters most, I reasoned, is to live a life without having to regret the decisions we made, years later.

Perhaps I should be more responsible.  Not that I have not been, most times in my life!  I should try to set some goals for this year and work towards them.  "Failing to plan is planning to fail", says a wise adage.  Do you agree?

Last year, without making my plans announced aloud, I had planned to leave the Ministry of Education to spend more time with my three adorable children.  Check.  I had planned to continue working with students and assist a few to achieving relative success in their PSLE.  Check.  Seems like a good year for me then!

This time round, I think I want to make resolutions for my family.  And I should resolve to better myself, personally.  So there I have the preliminary vows I have for myself in 2011:

1.  Spend more QUALITY (not just quantity) time with my three gems and my beloved wife!
2.  Be more patient.  It is a virtue that had eluded me in 2010!
3.  Be extra careful on the roads!  (I somehow have this feeling recently that I'll get into trouble one of these days and knock someone down, touch wood!)
4.  Make an effort to meet with friends who matter) once every two to three months.  (Someone needs to make the effort.  I'll do it if it has to be me!)
5.  Scutinise my expenses!

There are just too many things that I want to do this new year.  Let me start with these five.  It may be too many, but then again, let me just start off somewhere, lest I do not get moving at all!  Do feel free to call me and catch up on life with me, my friends.  Feel inspired to make 2011 a good year.  Let us take control of our lives!

1 comment:

  1. hey bro, add one more to the list - get Developmental Sports LLP up and running, and make big bucks

    yong sheng

    ReplyDelete