Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Felix is well! =)

Just as I thought Felix was the sole survivor of this episode of chicken pox in the family, I found myself wrong again.  I had dropped all three of them back at school two Mondays ago.  I was glad that they were back to play and learn, and I had some time on my own to catch up with work in the day.  Two hours later, I was asked to bring our boy back.  The reason?  Two small 'water bubbles', which had previously gone unnoticed, on Felix's neck.



So here we go again.  Felix had it mild in the first two days, but the pox invaded his thin body gradually.  It came at such great speed later that I asked if the pox were going to stop growing.  He seemed to have it bad too.  He cringed a lot and cried due to discomfort at night.  Yen and I had to take turns to go soothe him and many a time, he would end up sleeping in our bed after that.



Felix and I bonded quite well in the day.  We had a little 'system', where I would see to his bathing, getting breakfast and all for a couple of hours after I return from sending everyone off to work and school.  He would then choose to play with his toys or turn on the television to watch shows on Playhouse Disney while I marked or took a short nap.  Other days, I would insist on him doing work on the Nursery workbook that I had bought him, or his worksheets from his phonics class which he had missed.

We would have lunch after that, he played some more and read before taking his daily nap.  Most times, I would read to him from his encyclopedias.  While he napped, I continued with work before leaving to fetch his two sisters.  He played or watched shows after that.

As I had anticipated, he had a little problem leaving home for school after spending a month away.  Fortunately, I had bought him this book about 'Bugs' and I enticed him to go by asking him to bring it along to school to show it to his friends.  It had been a busy, but fulfilling month for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment