Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Who is your hero?

"Who is my hero?  I don't have a hero," Jojo frowned.  Jojo?  Yes, the clown.  You see, I was just watching Playhouse Disney with my three precious darlings.  It was "Jojo's Circus" and it happened to ask the students to present in class the next day who their favourite hero was.  "What is a hero?" Felix asked aloud, adoring eyes blinked in amazement.  Oh, who is MY hero?

First, what is a hero?  What does he / she do?  A hero can be a person from the past or present.  He / she is probably a person who attains an achievement of some sort, benefitting self and/or public.  It could be in the arena of the battlefield, sports, politics, etc.  I can rattle off many names: Liu Bei, Zhuge Liang, Troy, Napoleon, Michael Jordan, Pele, Maradona, Beckham, Rooney, Washington, Gandhi, MM Lee, etc., just to name a few.

Who is my hero?  Who has achieved so much in his / her time that has left his / her mark in society?  Whose influence has been so great?  Sure, there have been so many sporting heroes who have influenced my younger days then, when I was a very active teenager who spent much of my time in the field or the courts, whom I had imitated their plays and styles in my games and moves.  Some many whom I had dreamt about how good it was to follow their footsteps to be in bright lights...

Or perhaps it is someone who persevered against all odds.  Or someone who touched many lives.  Or...  It need not be someone famous, right?

Too many different types of heroes!  Who is my hero?  Or who is YOUR hero?

No comments:

Post a Comment