Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Silly me - check the tyres!

My boy, Felix, has weak legs!  He can hardly get the bicycle moving!  Or so I thought...

I brought Rachel and Felix downstaris just the other day as Kayleen was still asleep.  The bicycle with training wheels that sat in a corner in their bedroom had gathered a few inches of dust and I thought it might be good for them to get moving once in a while too.

As we only bought one bicycle, the children had to take turns.  Rachel seemed to find it hard to cycle initially, but she got going gradually.  I attributed it to her being 'rusty' as she had not been cycling for sometime and was not used to it.  When Felix had his turn, I found him not being able to move the bicycle.  "Weak legs," I had thought, due to his being a year younger.  Throughout the near hour-long session in which the duo took turns on the bicycle, we had to push Felix or he would hardly be moving on it.

A couple of days later, something struck me.  I remembered how my brother, Eddie, found it difficult to turn the wheels of my car and he concluded after a week that the tyres were not fully pumped.  He was right.  Could the tyres to our children's tyres have suffered the same fate?  I checked when I returned home later and confirmed my suspicions.  Silly me!  The tyres were almost totally flat!  How could the children have been able to cycle on the bicycle?

That night, Yen and I took them down again.  They cycled with ease!  Ha.  A new experience for me - check on the tyres before cycling!



No comments:

Post a Comment