Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2011

Falling ill

I returned home from my almost-daily trip to Singapore General Hospital to send Yen to work and our children to their play-school - The Little Skool House on Tuesday to find Rachel pale and shivering.  You see, she was ill on Monday night, running a temperature.  My mother was beside her, getting her to go under the blanket.

I took over and got her to her room for a rest under covers.  When she got better, I took her into the bathtub for a dip in the water in an attempt to lower her temperature.  It was then that I found her a tad too long for the bath tub - I could hardly fit her in!  (When was the last time she used the bath tub?  When she was three?)  Colour returned to her cheeks and soon, she was her normal, chattering self.

She got better that day but her temperature fluctuated that night and she could not return to school the next day.  As always, she seemed to get better miraculously when I was around and was able to learn some things together with me.  (Perhaps I scare the illness away when I'm by her side?!)

When will our children stop falling ill?  Just before Rachel fell sick, it was Kayleen over the weekend.  She, too, succumbed to fever and could not join her siblings on their ritual Saturday and Sunday extra lessons.

The second night, Yen deemed her fit for school.  Unfortunately, Felix decided to try out what it was like at home with Daddy.  Sigh.  Another couple of days away from my marking at home!  Then again, I took on my current job as a tuition teacher so that I can respond to emergencies like these for the children.  So, no complains.

Felix took on the same pattern - he was well when I was with him at home.  However, his illness wuld take a dive during the night.  He somehow got better in the morning on Friday so that we could go to National Eye Centre for his routine checkup on his eyes.  No problem there.  We even got to the Academy of Rock in Holland Village as I had promised him to try for a second time if he could begin taking drum lessons.



This year has not been a good year for our children in terms of health.  They have contracted the chickenpox earlier and have had their fair share of fevers, coughs and colds.  I just keep my fingers crossed that the dreaded HFMD will not want to knock on our doors again,  Our precious trio have suffered enough this year, at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment