Total Pageviews

Friday, July 3, 2020

Logic blocks

(2012 unpublished old draft)

Our children did not have to go to school today and as I did not have lessons today as well, I spent the day with them.  I was a little tired in the morning and wanted to steal some time for a little nap while they were watching some educational VCDs that they had picked themselves, but their constant attention seeking-ways ensured I had none of that much needed rest.

I popped two panadol-tablets and got some instant relief.  My mother took Kayleen out on her shopping trip.  I suddenly thought of these 'toys' I bought for our children sometime ago and took them out.

Felix was more interested in some 'cue-cards' and I left him to play alone.  I was not sure if he would be able to understand what he was supposed to do with these blocks anyway.  Our previous experience with both of them playing with the blocks yielded disappointing results.  Rachel appeared enthusiastic today and I guided her to complete the first puzzle.

She appeared impatient the first time round whenever she was unable to fit a supposed piece into position.  I had to hold her hand to turn the block around a couple of times before she realised that she should have done just that when there was a piece that could not fit.

Slowly, she got the hang of it and gained confidence.  Rachel solved the next puzzle with a little help from me and managed the next two on her own.  I am glad she was able to pick up some cognitive skills, along with starting to pick up some good virtues that will go a long way to help her in life later.

No comments:

Post a Comment