Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mountains of bills!!

I did not think I had to stay with Kayleen in play-school this morning.  The energetic girl took little time to settle into play-school and was even waving goodbye to me without any trace of ever wanting to turn back when she was led to her class area by her elder sister.  That gave me a little 'me' time (like what my friend Nancy called it) to sort out the odds and ends at home.

The first task without children around was one that was long-overdue.  The document tray in our study looked badly overloaded, like another piece of document or letter placed on it will cause it to fall apart and crumble anytime.  There was a hill, no - a mountain, of documents waiting for me to file up over the past ten months.  Okay, I was over-exaggerating here.  But you get the idea.

This is only a 'part' of the mess I created this morning

A couple of hours into it only saw me managing to sort them out by category.  Of course, I never fail to side-track and manage to start a new Excel spreadsheet to track my family's expenses using the bills.  I have to constantly keep my expenses and monies in check.  Rising costs and growing children...  Parents can attest to what I have mentioned here!

SingTel bill, StarHub bill,  Singapore Power bill...  whoa!  We spent excessively on water and electricity that month...  Can I scrimp on my SCV and power usage in the house?  Is there a better plan, or one that would suit my uses better?  What sort of insurance policies have I bought for my mother, wife and children?  Are they enough??  Sigh...  All these go through my mind during my tidying up.  They all mean money out of the pocket (or bank, if you use GIRO).

But I digress.  Three hours in, I have yet to accomplish my tidying.  *Gasp*  There is another part to go...  have to complete everything before my children return and re-mess up the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment