Total Pageviews

Friday, October 29, 2010

Doing something to remember people?

I recall an article I read near National Day on The Straits Times that there was this youth who went about his block of flats in Tampines trying to take every family's photograph as some kind of memory and getting to know each other well.  Not a bad idea, I thought.  Perhaps I could do the same for my block of flats?

The teenager explained in the article that though he stayed in his block of flats, he hardly knew the other neighbours too much and what they did.  That idea was one he came up with to try to help people get to know one another.  Hmmm... perhaps I can do the same for my block of flats?

Before I can embark on this 'crazy spark' and project, a few questions came to mind.  Why exactly do I want to do it?  Where would I display the 'end product'?  Though it could be well-received, there is the possibility that response is on the other end of the scale.  So what then?  These questions were enough to stop me from picking up my camera and go around knocking on doors.  <<Grin.>>

I am quite sure if I carried this idea to my weekly Meet-The-Residents session at the RC one of the Tuesday nights, I should excite enough people to let me try it.  They might even be willing to sponsor this project of mine.  However, I need answers to the questions I raised to myself first...
I need to be cautious in things that I do.  I am not a child anymore.  Many things that I do rashly impact people, especially my loved ones.  I have to consider things thoroughly before I commit to doing them.  I have to fight the urge to begin things that seem interesting to me, as they may require loads of time and commitment that I may not be able to give in the long run.  Think ahead, look farther, thrash things out with my wife if I need to.  Age brings maturity, love brings responsibilty.  Lessons that can be learnt in life.

I'll shelf the project until I find better reason to go ahead.  Until then, anyone needs a photographer to take pictures for your friends or company for memory's sake??

No comments:

Post a Comment