Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Life as it is... an introduction to my blog

With more time on hand now that I have left my previous employer, and the fact that I am handling things with my new job a little better, I begin my newest foray into blogging.  I like to write.  Write about life.  About things happening around me.  About people, work, my children, lessons learnt, interesting things, almost everything.  I draw a line, however, at things that are touché.  I do not write about RWS.  Resorts World Singapore??  No, I mean Religion, Wars and Sex.  I try not to stick my nose in these topics - they are too 'exciting' for me.  Ha.  Neither will I use this as a platform to complain about people, to discredit people.  If people mean enough for me to dislike them to the core, rest assured I would walk up to them to give them a piece of my mind.

Just a quick round-up about my life thus far...  Born to a family of my late-father of a shipyard worker (PSA) and mother who used to work for a second-hand car dealer as a clerical assistant.  Have a great younger brother who managed to find his own two-feet without a lot of guidance from me.  My late maternal-grandmother was our main caregiver until her passing away in our primary school lives.  I graduated from Nan Hua Primary School and Commonwealth Secondary School.  I would like to think that I must have been able to do better had I taken studies more seriously in those years.

Took on a course of Diploma in Computer Information Systems (JSIST, now defunct) in Singapore Polytechnic.  Took on my first full-time job with the Singapore Armed Forces (Army) and learnt a lot there.  I cannot forget to mention the many nice people whom I had the honour of working for / with during my long stint there.  Swapped ministries in 1995 and went into teaching.  Took on a course to train to be a Physical Education teacher.  This was not my initial choice but I did what I could to the best of abilities in the circumstances I was in.

I left teaching after three years in Zhangde Primary School.  Again, I got to work with some wonderful individuals in those years during training in Physical Education Sports Science (PESS), National Institute of Education (NIE) and the school.  Am currently much happier working in a tuition centre called MindStretcher, in a couple of branches, to continue fuelling my passion of teaching.

On the home front, I got married to the woman of my dreams, Choon Yen, in 2005 after meeting and getting to know her a year earlier - all thanks to NDP 2004.  She has given us three beautiful children, Rachel, Felix and Kayleen - the centres of our lives now.

I had intended to keep this short, but it somehow still found itself this long!  We'll see how long this blog keeps going, with or without (hopefully 'with'!) readership!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment