Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 23, 2010

A scare, all thanks to Rachel...

"Felix!  Did you put something in your sister's nose?" Yen stormed into the room where Felix was sound asleep, taking his nap.  I had put him to bed and had fell asleep beside him too.  I checked with Yen what the matter was.  She told me that Rachel had got up from her nap, went to use the washroom and had taken this chance to tell Yen that there was something stuck in her nose.  I rose and dashed to the living room where Rachel was waiting.  I took a look into her right nostril which she claimed there was a foreign object in but I could not see anything...

Yen came along and said there could have been something as the children were playing with some beads used to string bracelets / anklets earlier.  How could the children!...  She brought a torchlight along and took over examining Rachel.  "Yes...  I can see it...  something blue..."  I could not see it!  Was it really inside?

Yen told Rachel to blow her nose hard in an attempt to "spit" the object out from her nostril, but Rachel just could not get it out after a few tries.  I decided we had to visit the doctor to extradicate the foreign object.  As we were getting ready to make our move, the skies blackened and rain looked imminent.

In the car, Yen decided to try bringing her to a General Practioner first.  That was what we did.  Rachel did not seem to realise the gravity of the issue on the way there as she was still humming a little tune!  Yen was trying her hardest not to laugh at the funny situation we were in.  I was mad.  Mad at Rachel for doing something that silly.  Grrrr...

Waited for our turn, which came soon.  Explained to the GP the issue and he told Rachel to try blowing her nose.  "It won't work," I thought.  "Hnnnggg!" went Rachel.  Click!  Click...  it shot out and bounced a fell times on the tiled-floor!  Hallelujah!



We really have to watch over our children more carefully.  I had not expected this kind of thing to happen to my own children.  Thankfully, it did not take too much effort to remove it from her.  I cannot imagine what Rachel would have to go through if she had to go to a hospital to try dislodge the foreign body...  A lesson learnt, for her and for us...

2 comments:

  1. Did you ask her why she has the idea of putting it into her nose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have not asked her that... perhaps I should... Thanks, sis!

    ReplyDelete