Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Primary school memories??

"You have been tagged in a photo," announced Facebook.  Curious, I clicked on the link and was surprised.  I'm not sure if I should say I was pleasantly surprised, or it was a rude shock to me.  It is a photograph of my kindergarten or lower primary days in Nan Hua Primary School!  It was posted by a lady who announced that it was memories of one of her classes.  She was my form teacher?  Miss Ortega.  I cannot really remember her...

"I can hardly remember too many things that took place then, not to mention people," I remarked to Yen, who managed to point me out from the photograph at the first glance.  I can only recognise one of the other people in the photograph.  We were not really close too.  Other than the fact that Kai Jie and Jun Hui were the only other people from Nan Hua to go on to Commonwealth Secondary School, I cannot recall too much.  Wait, I think my 'close friends' were Zibin and Cindy then.  There were people whom I had reconnected in Facebook with, such as Michelle, Minghui and Olivia.  I had my first crush in my early-pubescent days to this girl in the next primary six class.  Names like Li Junming, Ye Weiliang and Bai Xiangwei sping to mind too.  Oh!  My brother, Eddie, and neighbours - Sharon, Wenfeng, Bingkun - were from the same school too, I think...  Opps.  Seems like there is actually more than I thought I could remember!

What memories does your primary school bring to you?  I cannot say mine are all pleasant.  I do acknowledge the fact that it brought me a few nice people, whom I am in contact with today.  The best thing it did for me must have been inculcating some stauch values and principles in life which I hold so dear, even today.  I thank the school for letting Ms Ho, my form teacher in P5 and P6, cross my path in life.  She had been a big influence in this 'piece of paper', written so many ways of living life on it.

I used to teach in a primary school.  The setting for schools back then and now is so different.  As a primary school student then, I think I knew so little.  We were just bothered with accomplishing our work and play at home.  My parents hardly brought me out to a lot of places, I had little experiences elsewhere and did not have the Internet back then.  I am not sure if I envy the children these days, that they have so many things to distract them, or if I envy them.

I realised how much my teacher had impacted my life.  If not for Miss Ho's belief for everything being done prim and proper, in upholding the values that we hold, I could have turned out to be a much different person that I am today.  Is it good, or bad?  I wonder if I had done the same for any student, in any way at all in my short three years in school?  I wonder if I'll impact anyone as a teacher in a tuition agency now?

Many questions, no answer.  What about you?  Do you have any memory of your primary school life?

No comments:

Post a Comment