Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Piang!

It was just another usual morning for us this morning.  Woke up and rushed to get Rachel and Felix for play-school as Yen needs to report for work before eight in the morning.  Yen prefers to reach 'office' as early as she can to get the day's preparations underway.  My elder princess and prince were reluctant to get up and whined a little, as of any other morning.

I was driving on the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) towards city.  We had just got on the expressway not long and were having a little banter in the car.  PIANG!  Out of the blue, the sound could be heard on the window on the driver's side.  I was quite sure that I had not hit anything on the right-most lane of the road.  The window shattered, but luckily for us, it held up.

I stopped the car on the road shoulder.  I did not dare open my side of the door, lest the glass shattered onto the seats.  Yen suggested that I called for a tow-truck, but I felt there was no need, as long as the window held up on the way.  So we continued driving to SGH.  Yen left us and I had breakfast of bread with the children.  They did not seem too affected by the events of the morning too much.  Perhaps they are too young to understand what was actually going on!

I left them and decided to drive to a workshop that I had been to before in Pandan Loop.  When I reached the workshop (it was not easy to drive when I could not see my side of the mirror!), I was pleasantly surprised that it had opened for work and I sent it in.  I was told that it was probably the work of some stone that flew against the car and shattered the window.  I could collect the car later this late afternoon and the cost of repairs would be borne by the insurance company...

It is inconvenient, but we are lucky that everyone in the car was safe.  I live to write about this little scare...  =)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ryan! Andre here. Saw your blog link on Facebook! Looking forward to reading more of your entries. Its a relief nothing happened to you and your family, thanks God for that.

    Speaking about your first entry, ha I recalled those times during NDP'04. How time flies!! Never thought you would meet your future wife there! ^ ^

    Anyway, keep writing ok! :-)

    ReplyDelete